Subtle changes in your ability to hear sounds can be hard to notice because of how slowly hearing loss usually advances. Although children are frequently tested, the majority of adults don’t even think about scheduling a hearing exam like they would their vision. You wouldn’t ignore a decline in your eyesight, so why wouldn’t you track your hearing health?
It’s important to get regular hearing exams, here are six reasons why:
- Spotting the Signs: Everyday situations can expose potential hearing problems. Ask yourself these questions: Do I frequently ask people what they said? Do I need to crank up the volume on the TV? Do noisy settings make conversations hard? If you said “yes” to the majority of these questions, it’s time for a hearing examination.
- Following Guidelines: Until you turn 50, you should get a hearing exam every 10 years and every 3 years after that, according to the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- Family History Matters: If other family members have hearing problems, this is an ideal reason to schedule a hearing test with us.
- Establishing a Baseline: Baseline hearing assessments give a reference point for future hearing examination comparisons, enabling you to monitor changes in your hearing over time.
- Early Diagnosis and Treatment: Problems, such as earwax buildup, or noise-related hearing loss, can be recognized early on by routine hearing tests, preventing further damage.
- Diagnose Medical Conditions: Hearing loss can sometimes point to inherent medical conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, or kidney disease. Treating these conditions may improve your hearing.
Neglected hearing loss can have extensive consequences, impacting your social life, emotional well-being, and even physical safety. Remaining alert to significant sounds of your environment, enjoying social situations, and being able to fully engage in conversations, are all examples of how hearing aids can improve your overall quality of life.
Don’t miss out on the sound of a loved one’s voice, your grandchildren’s laughter, or an important work meeting.
Safeguard your hearing and keep enjoying the sounds of your life by scheduling a hearing test with us right away.